Publics, Problems, and Politics
2-Day Classroom Workshop, with Train-the-Trainer
Management of natural resources requires two kinds of work: 1) Technical expertise as biologists, law enforcement, administration, etc. and, 2) Work with publics. Leaders in fish and wildlife typically have years of technical training and experience. This course focuses on the equally important side of the job which is working with publics, structured problem solving techniques, and dealing with politics in an effective and responsible manner.
Specific Course Learning Objectives Include:
- How to work with various publics
- Deadly errors for involving publics
- Techniques for successful public involvement
- The Open House Technique for dealing with controversy
- Setting up the public meeting for success
- Techniques for handling public meeting problems
- A six-step problem solving process for developing solutions to any problem
The MAT Team will teach this course for your agency trainers and others to be certified so they can teach Publics, Problems, and Politics for your agency. After conducting the 2 day workshop, MAT will immediately provide a train-the-trainer session for agency trainers and certify them. Your agency will receive a MAT CD with all the PowerPoint slides, overheads, workbook, and facilitator guide so that you are ready to begin offering this course to your agency. There is no charge for MAT time.
For more information about scheduling a session of this webinar for your agency, please contact Amanda Myers.