Adaptive Leader II (AL-201)
6-week Online Course
Course Fee: $90 (Invoiced to students during the first week of classes)
Prerequisite: Successful completion of either The Adaptive Leader I (AL-101) or National Conservation Leadership Institute coursework.
Required Text: The Practice of Adaptive Leadership; by Ronald Heifetz, Marty Linsky, Alexander Grashow
This course is the companion class to MAT’s Adaptive Leader I (ALI). Where ALI addresses the theoretical basis for exercising leadership and affords the foundation to grow your leadership capacity, Adaptive Leader II provides the practical tools and techniques to ripen student’s leadership skills.
Building on Heifetz seminal work “Leadership without Easy Answers,” this class incorporates real life examples and recommendations from the author’s personal experience to enhance leadership performance. Weaving together all of the essential elements of adaptive leadership described in the flagship course, this course will focus on diagnosing both the internal and external system in order to devise smart risk interventions to bring about change.
- Learn tools and techniques for enhancing leadership capacity.
- Learn the 4 core elements to applying adaptive leadership.
- Learn techniques for identifying stakeholders and their values regarding an issue and how to manage the lost associated with making change.
- Learn to act politically to make successful interventions.
- Understand the roles of conflict, self, and the holding environment in orchestrating adaptive change.
- Understand the need for those practicing leadership to be connected to purpose, and learn tips for staying healthy while exercising leadership.